Tuesday, October 30, 2012

And we're in full swing...

Laura was away today so I ha to make sure I was very productive and that we would be on track still. I built some of the arm yesterday but majority today. I had problems with the sturdiness of the center with my hole being so large that the wood could snap under a slight bit if weight. So I re-enforced it with 2 pieces if timber. Then my next problem was how the weight would hang off the end? I soon figured that problem out after a few experiments and decided on pulling a thick long nail between 2 pieces of wood for the weight to hang off. So the nail wouldn't come out I hot glued it into place and then secured each end with a small piece if thin timber to cover the homes. I haven't tested it yet so I don't know if it will hold the weight or not. Hopefully it does. A big problem I had today was that one of the support structures broke and fell apart so I had to reassemble that which was frustrating and time consuming. However after all that we don't have much left to do - just put some wheels on it, finish of a trigger system and tidy the thing up. We should be firing away next lesson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment